Gratitude

On my birthday this year, I started a gratitude journal. I try to find five things every day that I am grateful for and write them down before I go to bed. Sometimes I'm too tired before my head hits the pillow, but I do my best.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Fairfax, VA

Writer for hire, playwright at heart, mom of two, a vocational singer... the list goes on.

Monday, May 04, 2009

Resurrecting the Five Things

Trying to focus on the positive...

Five things I'm grateful for today:

1. The rain--I don't have to water the flowers or the vegetables today.
2. Telecommuting--so I don't have to miss parent observation week at my daughter's dance school this afternoon.
3. Sweet Life Knitters--for giving me the strength and encouragement to finish the damned socks already. They are done!
4. NPR podcasts--they made 1.25 hours at the gym fly by yesterday.
5. The ten minutes I got to spend with my son this morning just being silly, teaching him a little bit of Spanish and listening to him crack up at his own mispronunciation (on purpose) of words like "cleam cheese." That's when I realized he was rolling his "r"s on purpose and hence, the Spanish. Very amusing. I haven't laughed that hard in a good long time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Applecart T. said...

thank you!

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home