Gratitude

On my birthday this year, I started a gratitude journal. I try to find five things every day that I am grateful for and write them down before I go to bed. Sometimes I'm too tired before my head hits the pillow, but I do my best.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Fairfax, VA

Writer for hire, playwright at heart, mom of two, a vocational singer... the list goes on.

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I am grateful for:

1. My daughter's "Weekend News" assignment from kindergarten--each Monday, she has to write a line or two about what she did over the weekend and illustrate it. She brings it home on Tuesdays. It provides me with a great perspective on what she takes away from family time. Last week's was (direct quote): "I pattid foewos with my mom." That would be "I planted flowers with my mom." It's so sweet--and up above my desk at work now. Makes me smile every time I see it.

2. My husband--for getting my daughter ready for school this morning and taking her in so I could stay in bed 1/2 hour longer (something he usually gets to do!)

3. A quiet week at work so I have time to surf and blog

4. Fiber One Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cereal bars--yum! way to kill that chocolate craving!

5. My hip--for not having an all-out revolt and allowing me to run 3.5 minutes this morning during my walk

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home