Gratitude

On my birthday this year, I started a gratitude journal. I try to find five things every day that I am grateful for and write them down before I go to bed. Sometimes I'm too tired before my head hits the pillow, but I do my best.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Fairfax, VA

Writer for hire, playwright at heart, mom of two, a vocational singer... the list goes on.

Friday, May 28, 2010

On the heels of jealousy, gratitude

I spent a few moments journaling (offline) about what I am jealous of. I guess I felt the need, karma-wise, to acknowledge what I am grateful for as well. Here is today's list.

At this moment, I am grateful for the sun on my face and a sick day to be outside, enjoying it.
I am grateful for a moment of quiet in the busyness that will soon descend on my house.
I am grateful for a clean house that was not of my doing.
I am grateful for the ability to breathe deeply and the time to observe my surroundings.
I am grateful for friends and family who are supportive but not intrusive.
And I am grateful for my health--for not having to suffer like all those who have suffered before and all who will suffer in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home