Gratitude

On my birthday this year, I started a gratitude journal. I try to find five things every day that I am grateful for and write them down before I go to bed. Sometimes I'm too tired before my head hits the pillow, but I do my best.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Fairfax, VA

Writer for hire, playwright at heart, mom of two, a vocational singer... the list goes on.

Wednesday, October 06, 2010

October Skies

Today I am grateful for
1. The way my daughter's face lit up last night when she realized that her favorite three things at school (writing, reading, and music) were also my favorite three things at school. "Really?" she said, incredulous. "That's incredible!" I had to laugh a little. "Not really incredible. You are my daughter, after all."

2. The fact that my son still giggles like a maniac when I tickle his belly. I wonder how long that will last. I love the giggles. They go away so so so quickly.

3. The fact that I have a job. I just need to keep reminding myself that I should be grateful to have one, when so many people are looking and struggling.

4. Having enough to eat--so much so that controlling the impulse to overeat is a problem. So many people on the planet don't have enough. It's easy to forget that.

5. For my friends, for pointing out what makes them happy. Sometimes that can help on the days when I can't see past my own navel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home